Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stories Galore

Life's Path
by Marvin Williams

The putrid scent invaded my nostrils as I lost the fight to keep inside the remnants of the meal consumed six hours ago. I could perceive no light and the pitch darkness weighed heavily on my spirit and my senses. My ribs strained under the incessant beating of my heart. I was enveloped in so much pain that I could no longer tell where I was free from hurt.

It was hard to imagine that an hour ago I was pleading for my life. The beatings were a distant memory, the self-preservation instinct reduced to a mere murmur. It was hard to imagine that I had once smiled, laughed with friends, and felt joy and love. Only one feeling remained; the longing for peace.

“Kill me now, please.”

To read the full story click here.

2 comments:

Burise said...

It's really interesting.... The start, the ending, I'm reading it over and over. It's like drawing a circle. I could see the ending connecting to the starting. This is really marvelous. Brilliant.

Burise said...

It's really interesting.... The start, the ending, I'm reading it over and over. It's like drawing a circle. I could see the ending connecting to the starting. This is really marvelous. Brilliant.